Gasworks Motorsport Inc is looking for expressions of interest for the position of Publicity Officer to promote our various events, including our Vintage Speedway Events and Gasworks Car Club Car Runs to the general public.
The applicant should ideally have an interest in all aspects of motorsport, with a sound knowledge and understanding of various social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- This is a volunteer position
- You will report directly to the Secretary of Gasworks Motorsport Inc
- Your primary objective will be to share information about our upcoming events (particularly Vintage Speedway, Karts, and Car Runs) to encourage more spectators to these events
- You’ll also monitor all comments and direct messages coming in via the different social media platforms and either respond directly, or pass the query on to the relevant person
- You’ll work with, and receive content from, the various Gasworks sub-committees, Track Promoter, Webmaster, Media Liaison Officer, Newsletter Editor, and Membership Officer
- You’ll liaise with local media outlets, local council and industry specific publications
- You should have some experience at regularly producing content for the different social media channels we currently use. We are open to expanding the platforms we utilise
- Ideally, you’ll have experience at producing single page promotional flyers that can be printed (up to A3 size) and shared on social media
- Must be able to work to a deadline, unsupervised
- Optional, but highly desirable, is familiarisation with WordPress to post articles and news directly to our website, which is then automatically shared to various social media services.
Check out both our Facebook pages and current YouTube Channel using the buttons over on the side bar — we are sure you’ll have plenty of suggestions on how you’d improve future announcements and how to spread the word even further.
For further details, please contact
Gasworks Motorsport Inc
PO Box 367 Junee NSW 2663
or use our contact form, using a subject of “Publicity Officer Position”