The Seventh issue (yes, we know the actual magazine cover says 6th Edition… but it it really is Issue 7 for April/Easter 2020) of the Offical Newsletter of Gasworks Motorsport has been released.
Although we, along with everyone else in the country, are in lockdown, there are plenty of things happening in the background to ensure the rest of 2020 and beyond see Gasworks Motorsport Inc grow in leaps and bounds.
Read all about what’s happening:
- President’s Report — Covers some of the changes we face due to Covid 19
- Editor’s Note — Echos the President’s sentiment and provides some more details on various aspects of club activity
- Car Club — Planning of events to be held later in the year are still developing
- Gasworks Garage & Mentoring Program — On hold
- Conditional Registration Scheme — Reminder about terms of holding conditional rego plates, plus details on the Historic and Classic Vehicle Log Book
- Illabo Motorsport Park Vintage Speedway — A “Get Well Soon” to Trevor Allen, an update from Speedway Australia regarding their National Training Program for Officals, which is available online, and report about works that have occurred at IMSP including new bumpers for push cars and the erection of the new Shade Pavilion.
- Gasworks Speedway Karts — Looking to holding an Invitation Practice Day as soon as the lockdown is lifted
- GWM Bikes and Sidecars — Started seminars to train course officials and looking at future events to complete training
- GWM-WSC Speedway Sedans — Unfortunately had to cancel the first meeting at Illabo due to Covid-19, but new dates will be advised as soon as possible.
- Membership Registrar — Memberships are due on June 30th — why not renew now so it doesn’t get overlooked when life returns to normal
- Webmaster and Social Media — Now we all have some time up our sleeves, check out Gasworks’ Website and Social Media — links to highlights provided
- Finally, but definitely not least, please check out all the businesses and organisations that support Gasworks Motorsport and Illabo Motorsport Park — Support those who support us! Especially in these tough times!