Just a note to say THANK YOU for your Help, Assistance and Vital contribution to Saturday’s Vintage and Speedway Kart meeting.
Some Milestones you might like to hear about, that were only achieved through all of your combined efforts thru the day;
- The Most Vintage Speedway entries ever — 40+
- The Most Speedway Karts entries ever — 24
- The Most Spectators we’ve had ever
- The Most the 50/50 raffle has raised
- The Most food & drinks sold at the cafe
- The Most Events we have ever completed in a one day meeting, with the 11 event program and all entrants got to have 4 runs each, making a total of 44 events on the day
A fantastic effort given the dusty conditions we had to contend with and the race time lost due to the constant track watering.
Quite a remarkable effort; and this in turn has been supported by the many facebook posts I have noted in the past 24 hours. along with numerous congratulatory phone calls & emails!
The visiting South Coast Speedway Kart Club were so pleased with the way we ran the meeting, they have, this morning rebooked their Senior & Junior SKAA categories to support our next meeting on Saturday 22nd May being the “Bob Blacklaw” Tribute Vintage Speedway Meeting.
Also, not to be overlooked: What was this event worth to the local business community???
Well, based on the visitation numbers for this meeting a conservative estimate of $30k is a reasonable assessment.
So, you can further consider your volunteer contributions through your support of our Race meetings and go towards helping “Make a Difference” to our Rural economy, an important point often overlooked by many in the community .
ONCE AGAIN — JOB WELL DONE!
Keep up the Good Work.
Kerry Phelan, on behalf of the Gasworks Motorsport Committee
Also, you can check out the photo galleries from the race meeting: