Women Active in Motorsports
It’s NOT just for the “boys”
Within our team at Gasworks Motorsport:
- We have female Vintage Speedway and Kart drivers, along with motorcyclists, with girls from ages 8 up & women of all ages!
- More than Half of our Quad Bike Drivers are women!
- We have ladies who are trained as Push Car Drivers!
- We also have a number of female owners and drivers of historic plated vehicles.
- Over a dozen ladies assist with the event operations at Illabo Motorsport Park including:
- Track Officials
- Flag Marshalls
- Photographers & Videographers
- Coaches & Instructors
- Emergency First Responders
… and more!
and without the support and active involvement of these women, our events could not proceed!!!
Active Women in Motorsports
Meet Kyla – Gasworks Motorsport Inc’s youngest, and only female, Kart Driver
At the young age of 12, Kyla, is currently Gasworks Motorsport Inc’s youngest, and only female, Kart Driver!
Kyla had her maiden run at Illabo Motorsport Park on May 22, 2021, in a “prototype” kart. She was the only Junior Driver in the Gasworks All-Sorts Karts Division on the day, so her first few runs where solo — a daunting prospect for a young lady! But she handled herself extremely well, having five runs in total. For her final run, she was joined by Michael, another new junior kart driver, which turns out was also his maiden run @ Illabo Motorsport Park!
Girls in the garage: high schoolers take to motor mechanics
Gasworks Garage’s Student Mechanical Mentoring Program that is run in conjunction with Junee High School and August 2018 saw the first time girls participating — with four 14 & 15 years old joining the group and each has a different reason why they became interested..
Gallery of Women Active in Motorsports at Illabo Motorsport Park